This virtual programme is full of insightful presentations and interactive workshops, all designed to open up our world and help you develop important skills for your career.
When we’re advising clients, it’s crucial that we’re able to see the bigger picture and identify exactly what’s needed. That’s why commercial awareness is a huge part of being a successful lawyer. With the HL BaSE Legal Learning Hub, you’ll grow your commercial awareness by gaining a greater insight into what we do, how we operate as a business and how we develop relationships with our clients. What’s more, you’ll explore our world as a global elite law firm and learn about how we respond to unpredictable global events that impact business.
The benefits don’t stop there. You’ll also find out about our award-winning HL BaSE programme and the work we do with social enterprises. Plus, you’ll get a well-rounded introduction to the strategy of the firm, our practice groups and how to secure a vacation scheme and training contract. By the end of your programme, you’ll have discovered so much more about life at Hogan Lovells, including learning and development, diversity and inclusion, wellbeing and our pro bono and citizenship work.
For all students from any year and degree discipline.
• Learn first-hand what it’s like to be a trainee solicitor at a global elite law firm.
• Navigate a typical trainee seat rotation, including an international secondment
• Complete tasks in Corporate, Regulatory, Finance and Litigation
• Experience our award-winning HL BaSE programme with a bonus task for a social enterprise client
• Build your commercial awareness and legal skills
• Access from anywhere in the world and work at your own pace
For first-year students looking to gain an insight into a career in commercial law.
• Gain insights into the firm’s strategy and our response to current market trends
• Experience legal case studies, skills-based workshops and receive guidance from our trainee solicitors
• Gain an understanding of client work at trainee level
• Build an understanding of a law firm’s economics
• Secure an automatic place on our first-year insight programme
For those in their penultimate year and onwards looking to secure either a vacation scheme or training contract.
• Gain in-depth knowledge about our key practice groups
• Gather insights into how we develop relationships with our clients and how we win work
• Develop skills such as business writing and how to ace a case study interview
• Learn how to successfully navigate your two-year training contract
• Secure an automatic place on a vacation scheme or training contract assessment day
For those holding a training contract offer with Hogan Lovells.
• Learn about our development programmes from trainee through to partner
• Understand the seat planning and secondment process
• Gain an insight into Pathways: our development-focused programme
• Develop an understanding of the City Consortium SQE
• Connect with other future joiners and continue to build your network within Hogan Lovells
We have HL BaSE programmes available to students at every stage. From first-year students, to vacation scheme and training contract candidates, through to those holding training contract offers with the firm. The programme’s structure varies: we’ll include relevant topics for students at different stages in the application process.
Our bronze programme is open to all students from any year and degree discipline. There’s no application process and you work through the programme at your own pace. To access the programme, click here. Please use Firefox or Chrome as your browser when accessing.
For the silver and gold programmes, apply here between 14 September and 31 October 2020. You’ll be invited to take the online critical thinking test, and we’ll aim to notify you if you’ve been successful two weeks after the deadline. The programme will commence from late November.
Applications open: 14 September 2020
Applications close: 31 October 2020